VIDEO: 12 minutes - JFK's Funeral Procession, November 25, 1963 - Ray Schuette's Memories of that day and includes Cleveland Blossom Orchestra playing music relating to that day. Version 4, Nov. 30, 2016
From Videos - Ray & Penny
VIDEO: 12 minutes - JFK's Funeral Procession, November 25, 1963 - Ray Schuette's Memories of that day and includes Cleveland Blossom Orchestra playing music relating to that day.
From Videos - Ray & Penny
VIDEO: 2 3/4 minutes -- Tue., Oct. 25, 2016, leaving RMNP thru Estes Park to Boulder, Colo. for dinner with Karen, Ann & Katie. But wait, we saw elk when leaving Estes Park ; > )
VIDEO: 2 mins -- Heinens - Downtown Cleveland- Wed., Sept. 14, 2016. AMERITRUST - The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History AMERITRUST, the largest bank in the midwest at one time, was established in 1894 as the Cleveland Trust Co. with $500,000 capital and John G. W. Cowles as its first president. In 1903 Cleveland Trust merged with the Western Reserve Trust Co., and kept their offices open as branches. At that time, Calvary Morris succeeded Cowles. Having outgrown a series of rented offices by 1905, the bank built a new headquarters bldg. at E. 9th and Euclid, which opened in 1908. During the presidency of FREDERICK GOFF† (1908-23), Cleveland Trust expanded, acquiring banks such as the Detroit St. Bank, the Garfield Savings Bank, and Lake Shore Banking & Trust. By 1924 Cleveland Trust became the 6th largest bank in the country and Harris Creech was its new president. The bank survived the Depression well, and after GEO. GUND† succeeded him as president in 1941, it continued to grow in wealth and influence, reaching $1 billion in assets by 1945. In the 1960s, Cleveland Trust saturated the county market with branches and acquired mortgage banking and realty companies out of state. Gund moved up to board chairman in 1962, succeeded by Geo. Karch as president, who served for 10 years. By 1977 Cleveland Trust had 120 branches, $5 billion in assets, and wielded significant financial power through its Trust Department, which managed $7 billion in trust funds for its clients. Under Karch's successor, Pres. M. Brock Weir, the bank formed CleveTrust as a holding company in the early 1970s to establish affiliates throughout the state, something that individual banks could not do. CleveTrust changed its name to the AmeriTrust Corp. in 1979 to reflect these new horizons, and an exchange of its state charter for a national one in 1983 permitted AmeriTrust to expand outside the state as well. The bank and its chairman were the public targets of Mayor Dennis Kucinich's wrath in 1978 when Cleveland was forced to DEFAULT on the payment of $14 million in short-term notes. Under Pres. Jerry Jarrett, who succeeded Weir in 1983, AmeriTrust expanded its operations into Indiana, Texas, and Colorado. However, in the competitive atmosphere of the 1980s, AmeriTrust fell behind Banc One Corp., NATIONAL CITY CORP., SOCIETY CORP., and Huntington Bancshares--Ohio's top four bank holding companies in terms of assets. The collapse of the real estate market in the late 1980s substantially weakened AmeriTrust, which was burdened by too many high-risk real estate loans. Although the bank had increased its assets to $11 billion, it was struggling to survive when Craig Smith replaced Jarrett as president in 1990. After considering merger proposals from Natl. City, Banc One, and Society Corp., AmeriTrust accepted Society's bid on 13 Sept. 1991, consolidating two of the major banking establishments in the area. On the Corner of East 9th street and Euclid Avenue sits the historic Cleveland Trust Rotunda Building, a shining example of early 20th century grandeur giving us a glimpse into Cleveland’s historic past and current home to Heinen’s Grocery Store. At the turn of the 20th century in the midst of great industrial and economic growth, Cleveland experienced tremendous prosperity, quickly growing to become the 7th largest city in the nation. In 1906 the Cleveland Trust Company, having outgrown a series of office spaces, began construction on a central banking complex in the heart of the city. Renowned architect George B. Post was commissioned to design the building that would become the home of the Cleveland Trust Company and eventually one of the most recognizable and iconic buildings in Cleveland. In 1908 the Cleveland Trust Company building officially opened its doors to the public, just two years after construction had begun. The Cleveland Trust Co., or AmeriTrust as they were later known, occupied the space until merging with Society Corp. in the early 1990’s. Beginning in early 2015, this architecture masterpiece has served as the Downtown Cleveland home to Heinen’s Grocery Store, Cleveland’s oldest family owned grocer and is open to the public once again. Led by John Williams of Cleveland's Process Creative Studios, this iconic structure has been carefully renovated and restored to it's original beauty.
From Videos - Ohio
VIDEO: 18 mins -- Honor Flight Cleveland, Sat., July 16, 2016 assembly at Cleveland Hopkins Airport and arrival Baltimore Washington Airport (Click on image above and then on triangle and video will play. But in the meantime, there are some 157 photos to look at ; > ) And of course more videos forthcoming to cover Memorials we visited....
VIDEO: 20 minutes Click on above image and then the triangle and video will play. -- Penny and Ray take grandchildren to the Zoo on June 29 while Lisa is working. Ray then combined footage of that day to a similar visit we made in 2006 with the grandchildren and Lisa.
VIDEO: 5 1/2 minutes - Father's Day Song sung to Grandpa on Sun., June 26, 2016 one week after actual Father's Day--A week ago Grandpa had to prep for a colonoscopy the next day after Father's Day, hence gathering understandably delayed ; > )
From Video - Downings